WYD in Madrid9 august 2011
Among thousands of young people, more than 200 members of Faith and Light coming from Zimbabwe, Colombia, Portugal, United Kingdom, Belgium, France and of course Spain will meet in the dioceses and in Madrid to celebrate together the World youth days on the following theme : "Planted and built up in Jesus Christ, firm in the faith".
On schedule :
- On Saturday, August 13th in the evening, the communities of Salamanca will welcome young pilgrims of the town to share what we live in Faith and Light. The meeting will end by the washing of the feet.
Throughout the World Youth Days, a tent dedicated on Handicap and called "disCAPACITADOS EN EL AMOR" will be located at the Parque del Retiro. Many activities will be organized by various associations and movements present during the week. Faith and Light will have a stand for the duration of the WYD and will propose two activities :
- On Tuesday 16th at 6pm : a time of celebration on the theme of Joy.
- On Thursday 18th at 11am, “Do you want to discover our treasure?”: time of sharing about what is Faith and Light, what we live with life testimonies.
Come and join us at the Faith and Light stand where will be broadcast videos and slideshows of the life of the movement and on the pilgrimages organized around the world for the 40th anniversary of Faith and Light… And Celine will be there to welcome you with her best smile and her enthusiasm.
- On Wednesday 17th from 4pm to 9.30pm will live a key moment in the WYD for the Faith and Light members. They will meet at « Residencia Nuestra Señora del Camino » to celebrate their joy. It will be a time of gathering, sharing and celebration ending with the Eucharist.
- On Friday 19th, during the Way of the Cross organized on the Paseo de la Castellana, 10 young people from Faith and Light France will carry the Cross and the icon of Mary for one of the stations.
- On Saturday 20th, several members of Faith and Light will join a meeting among young people with a disability and their friends, with the pope. It will be held at the San Jose Foundation.
Have a beautiful and blessed week!