Thank you, dearest John Paul II24 april 2014
From the beginning of his pontificate, John Paul II expressed his kindness to the Faith and Light communities and warmly encouraged them...
- In 1981, John Paul II wrote a long letter to all the Faith and Light pilgrims gathered at Lourdes, "Through thought and prayer, I am joining your great gathering of pilgrims by the grotto of Lourdes..." and on Easter Monday, April 20th, a message recorded in six languages was broadcast in the Basilica of St. Pius X... "May God, the Son, Father and Holy Spirit bless you".
- On March 22nd 1984, he received the movement's leaders and their confirmation, advice and guidance at: "But you will know that you should read into these few words the esteem and affection which l have for you"
- In 1991, John Paul II speaks again to the pilgrims gathered
in Lourdes for the third international pilgrimage: "To my sons and
daughters in the Faith and Light Movement..."
- In 2001, John Paul II speaks again to Faith and Light for the fourth international pilgrimage to Lourdes : "You are a precious treasure for the Church, who is also your family, and you have a special place in Jesus' heart."
- Finally, in September 2002, in Castel Gandolfo John Paul II welcomed the delegates of the International Meeting: "By welcoming all these “little ones” with a mental handicap, you have seen in them special witnesses of God’s tenderness..."
On April 27th, the day of the canonization of John Paul II and John XXIII, the Feast of Divine Mercy, all the Faith and Light members will be in union of prayer to give thanks for both new and great saints!
A huge thank you with all our heart.