Faith and Light celebrates 40 years18 june 2012
as "Messengers of joy"! Two years of celebrations around the world...
The official launch of the Faith and Light 40th anniversary celebrations will take place on 2 February, the day of the Festival of Light.
Meeting in Lourdes for their first Council meeting, the province coordinators received a banner with a design symbolising 40 years of the movement. But what does it mean?
The Faith and Light boat landed. It no longer remains in the water but on the land. The characters have also taken their leave. They have got off the boat and gone on a farandole to announce Faith and Light to the world in messengers of joy. They have left following Jesus, Light of the world!
Since that day, about fifty pilgrimages have been organized or will be launched until the end of 2012, bringing together nearly 17,000 messengers of joy.
From the 1971 pilgrimage to Lourdes to the 2011-2012 pilgrimages throughout the world, message from Marie-Hélène Mathieu, founder
Happy anniversary! Happy pilgrimages!, letter from Ghislain du Chéné
When and were ? Diary of the pilgrimages past and futures
Some reports from "Up Sails!"
- Official oppening celebrations
- Waikaenee, New-Zeland, April 2011
- Our Lady of Aparecida, Brazil, Easter 2011
- Lourdes, Easter 2011
- Loreto, Italy, June 2011
- Paola, Italy, June 2011
- Steyl, Netherlands, June 2011
- Loreto and Rome, Italy, June-July 2011
- Lourdes, July 2011
- Şumuleu Ciuc, Romania, July 2011
- Madagascar, July-August 2011
- Mont St Anne, Poland, August 2011
- Zimbabwe, May and August 2011
- Lady of the Snows, USA, August 2011
- Nara, Japan, October 2011
- Santiago di Compostela, Oct-Nov 2011
- Deir Dronka, Egypt, november 2011
- Plentong, Malaisia, February 2012
- Fatima, Portugal, May 2012
- Lourdes, May 2012
- Pilgrimage traveling to Denmark, Norway and Sweden
- Maynooth, Ireland, July 2012
- Lourdes, France, July 2012
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mexico, July 2012
- Winnipeg, Canada, August 2012
- Rakvere, Estonia, August 2012
- Lviv et Hoshiv, Ukraine, August 2012
- Kibeho, Rwanda, August 2012
- Bristol, UK, August 2012
- Varsovie, Poland, August 2012
- Ras Baalbek, Lebanon, August 2012
- Ars, France, November 2012
- Banneux, Belgium, November 2012
- Le Cap, South Africa, November 2012